Open Space presents visual art, performance, new music, media arts, literature and contemporary ideas, whatever form they may take. Activities include visual art exhibitions produced in-house or by independent curators, new music concerts, performance based art, readings, screenings and multi-disciplinary events. We accept proposals for projects that explore innovative practices. For exhibitions and performances, Open Space presents work in its main gallery/performance area, the foyer and stairwell area, and we support offsite work, as well. Submissions are reviewed on an ongoing basis. Please browse our archives to learn more about our past programming.
- project description [one page]
- artist statement [one page]
- current curriculum vitae or resume
- slides, CD, DVD or other appropriate documentation [20 images or 5 min of audio or video]
- list of any special equipment required
- self-addressed envelope with return postage [Open Space will not return submission packages lacking sufficient postage]
Mail or courier your proposal to:
510 Fort Street, 2nd Floor
Victoria, British Columbia
Canada V8W 1E6
For more information about the space or the submissions process, contact us at (250) 383-8833 or director [at] openspace.ca
Open Space pays artist fees for all exhibitions, performances and other presentations. In all cases, these fees are equal to or above the minimum fees as recommended by CARFAC (Canadian Artist's Representation).